Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Week of 9/16

A bit of irony that in last week's reviews I forgot about Damages. I have been enjoying that one this summer. Lyndsae has said that she feels like the "mystery" is developing too slowly, but I like it. I am interested in finding out how the characters got from point A to point B. I think Ted Danson has been really good. I think Glenn Close is OK, but not great. The other characters are passable. perhaps Zeljko Ivanek is decent. I feel like Close will be back for a second season, but Danson will not. This season has sort of been telling the story of his case. It is a dark show, but I like it.
The Closer wound itself up this week. The ending was in line with what we had seen all season. Fritz and Brenda had a fight that seemed a bit ridiculous to me. I couldn't find myself buying his anger, and I didn't think her emotions were caused by him. But, it all fell in line with my expectations of the series, which are not exceptionally high. I'll enjoy waiting for it as the new season approaches.
Saving Grace was good. It finishes next week (I believe). I would enjoy seeing some spares killed off from the office, maybe the Native American/Mexican? buddy, maybe the lou again. Other than that, this week saw a really unbeleivable attitude by Grace's sister, being unreallistically overpretective of their grandfather, who, also unrealistically was killed by falling off a horse. A bit lame. But, they needed a device and they got one.
Still no Dirty Jobs. I am not happy. I did watch a little of Blue World, though. It was cool. I learned that though the average winter temperature in Antarctica is -100, the water below the ice never goes below 28. I also saw footage of a seal keeping the ice hole through which he is able to get to teh surface to breathe clear using his front teeth as a kind of grinder. I also some really crazy creature lights in the depths of the ocean. An interesting show to be sure.
This week should see some premieres. We'll see if they're any good...

3 comments:

lisa said...

i missed an episode (or more?) of damages since last week's episode and now i'm confused. that sucks.

ervierto said...

they usually replay them during the week, maybe you could catch up...

Steve said...

Have I ever been a devotee of any procedural? I guess not. I liked the Ellery Queen made-for-TV movie starring Jim Hutton and it became a series, but I didn't watch it. Was The Rockford Files a procedural? Baretta? What is a procedural, anyway? A general term that includes cop shows, lawyer shows . . . and p.i. shows? To say Monk is my favorite all-time procedural is to set the bar veeeery low. Monk is the kind of show I watch while I'm surfing the net. Or reading and commenting on someone else's blog.