Sunday, September 2, 2007

A New Blog begins

OK, here I am going to attempt to keep track and perspective on the serialized tv that I watch. Truth be told, I watch a lot of tv, but the vast majority of it is sports related, be it Boxing, Football, Basketball, soccer, etc. That stuff will be covered elsewhere or not at all. Here, I hope to put in a word or so about my weekly tv watching. I also will attempt to have a place for dates of season premieres, season finales, etc. Am I a bit of a tool for having a tv blog? Perhaps, but, then I guess my audience already knows that I am a bit of a tv head, and a bit of a tool so what difference does it make, right? Maybe by choosing to keep trak of it, I will be able to admit to myself that some of the crap I watch is just that and maybe go pick up a book instead. I guess we'll see.
By the way, "Regular Shows" with an asterisk are shows I intend to give a shot when they start in the upcoming season.

3 comments:

lisa said...

i love it. I'm totally into it. And what is a tool anyway?

ervierto said...

A tool...
I guess it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to get down past the perjorative connotation of the word and soak out its meangin and applicability here, but I suppose you could say that I an instrument of corporate network executives who look for people to blindly check into their story time so that we can the be pushed to buy the wares that they are hawking. In that stretched sense, I suppose that the word applies ably.

Steve said...

For some time now, I have been intending to make known my enthusiasm for this new blog.

Of the 24 regular shows listed here, I have seen a single second or no more than six. Of those six, I have at some time been a regular devotee of five (I sampled Numb3rs, but didn’t go back for more), and am a current devotee of 3: Flight of the Conchords, The Daily Show, and The Office. (The Simpsons and ER fell by the wayside, although I still like The Simpsons). I am a devotee of two other shows: Saturday Night Live and At the Movies with Ebert and Roeper. I am also a regular viewer of several other news-based shows (Countdown with Keith Olberman, Hardball with Chris Matthews, This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Meet the Press, The Chris Matthews Show), but in recent weeks, I have fallen off most of those wagons. I can recommend Countdown and This Week, though. I catch Monk from time to time, but am not a devotee.

I expect to enjoy reading about shows we both watch as well as shows that I have not seen.