Monday, October 8, 2007

The Week Ending 10/6

I feel like this was a good week for TV in my house. It began with The Simpsons, which I always enjoy. We had Homer becoming a lying down opera singer, we got a guest voicing by Placido Domingo. All good. We had another episode of Chuck, including the CIA woman getting a job at the Winer house next to the place Chuck works. We also saw Chuck using his computer skills to disarm a bomb. (Actually he managed to give the bomb an internet virus that had been wreaking havoc with his own computer.) Again, the point is not to be intellectually ground breaking, but the tone fits the show, which I like. Damages sits waiting on my Tivo. As do the last two weeks of Cane. And the last two weeks of Moonlight. ER was good this week, though not particularly noteworthy. I don't like Neela much, nor do I like John Stamos and it felt like their stories were front and center. Yawn. I watched the premiere of Last One Standing and loved it. If any of you choose to check it out, root for Brad. He is a former student of Dad's and a friend of mine. And, he looks good in this episode, despite having chili and salt rubbed into his recently aquired wounds. What fun. By the way, this is not a Fear-Factor-style tough show, it is a bout figuring out how to compete in indigenous tribal games. I think I would like it even if I did not know a contestant. As for Grey's Anatomy, I don't like the moves George is making. I think he needs to be up front with Callie. I also don't like the moves she is making, preferring not to know. I think Diahann Carrol does her part well. I suspect she, like her son are now gone for good. House was fun this week. I cared less about the case than about the dismissing of the doctor folk. One girl is particularly annoying and I hope she doesn't last. I wouldn't mind seeing the black Mormon stay, or the guy who plays Kumar. Journeyman was good this week again. This time the person he saves then knows him in the present, which might make for some interesting moments later on. My Name is Earl was very gay friendly this week, and very funny. Pushing Daisies is still waiting on me. The Office was good, with everyone finding out a bout Jim and Pam. We also see Ryan being a complete loser. In fact, with Michael, it's like dueling losers. Creed provided a good laugh. But, then again, this show is pretty reliably laugh out loud funny.

1 comment:

lisa said...

i can't seem to make earl a priority even though i have always liked watching it.
I know creed was funny this week but i can't remember why.
and melissa hates that bitchy girl on house. melissa may quit watching if she makes it through.