Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Week Ending 10/28

Well, I finally gave Women's Murder Club a try. It was OK, but pretty hokey. I think I will give it one more shot. I like Angie Harmon. I like James Patterson. But the shape of the show was not one that I enjoyed and the story was kinda lame. It also started in media res regarding the characters. I prefer a little more background. So, I guess we'll see what happens. The Cane I watched this week was goodish, though it tends to list toward evening soap. I am gonna have a hard time leaving Jimmy Smits, though. I also enjoy Rita Moreno and Hector Elizondo. This episode involved Smits giving some fake information to his brother who then took it to the rival sugar gang, who then made a bad deal based on it. That followed up with the obligatory discussion about loyalties and so on. A long story line, I suspect this show won't make it to the end of it. But, I'm hanging on. Chuck hit another speed bump this week. It has to walk a fine line to keep from just being lame. One thing I liked this week, though was the portrait of his relationship with his sister. I like images of positive brother/sister relationships. Hopefully it will get back on track soon. Damages wrapped up well. Patty showed her true nasty nature by agreeing to a nondisclosure settlement with Frobisher, who was then shot by the mole he had cut loose. Patty then gave the tape of damning evidence to the DA so he could get reelected. But, she then gets double crossed as Ellen agrees to go back to work for her while spying on her for the Feds, who were working with her mentor guy. I hope they bring this one back. I would like to see where it goes. ER was good. There were some funny bits with Morris being approached by lots of attractive women. We see Abbie thinking about getting back on the wagon. I was worried about this story line, but they avoided the drunken bits that I feared. At least so far. John Stamos is back in the ER as opposed to ICU his trip there appeared to do him some good. Stanley Tucci is also back from a conference. I like his character, but I suspect he will be killed off or something like that soon. I feel like he is too big a name to stick long, a la Alan Alda. Grey's Anatomy seems to be falling into a bit of a rut. But, it's not like I am going to quit watching it in the middle of a season. House was good. He fired the old guy, whom I liked, but Foreman came back, and that's good. I wonder how he will be brought back into the fold. Journeyman made a bit of a departure this week. He went back and found a guy who was a legendary missing person. He had to help him save another family, which was normal, but, instead of turning him into a story, he let the story go. I guess it is an obvious move for a "good guy" but I don't think we had firmly established that this guy was one like that. IF they continue to suggest that he might do something for his own gain and he doesn't, it may get old, but the first time, it was good. Moonlight is now trying to deal with the after effects of the reporter letting the vampire eat her blood for a bit. There was a kiss. It has been coming for a while and the only question now is when the DA boyfriend will get the shaft and when he will turn the reporter into a vampire. Interesting questions, but obvious. As I mentioned here some time ago, I am not sure how long the back drop of campire stories will remain interesting enough to carry the show, but for now, it is kind of fun. The main guy is good, the rest, so-so. My nMae is Earl was good. I think we may have added another long-time character for Earl to pursue in the person of Alyssa Milano. We'll see how that progresses. Randy as prison guard has been funny. I am suprised at how well they have dealt with a change in the show's location from the world to prison. I suspect he will get out soon, but the scene change has been impressive. I hope it is not indicative of running out of ideas. Pushing Daisies continues to be good and funny. The Office, bak in it's 30 minute slot was still very funny. This week sees Jim being nice to Michael again. Which is always cool. Be nice to the lame boss every now and then because they need it. Andy's retelling of Angela calling out D while they were "necking" was funny. Dwight is out of his funk. The World Series is finally over. I look forward to the return of The Simpies.

No comments: